An Introduction


Hello!👋

My name is Rhiannon. I've just finished an extended diploma in fashion and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I will be starting Textile Design BA at Loughborough next year. 

I wanted to start a blog to document my experiments into different techniques and to share my love of the arts. 

So for my first post I wanted to share a couple of images from my Final Project at college. Unfortunately, due to covid-19 and the college closing this project won't be marked. But I worked really hard on this sketchbook and want to show it off.

My project was based on the movie The Grand Budapest Hotel. I really love the use of colour and symmetry within the film which lead me to choosing it. My research was on several aspects including colour, symmetry, layering, typography, texture, characters and costume. I used a variety of these things to inspire a range of prints and textiles samples. And from there I went on to design a range of garments that would utilise my work on surface interest. 




Comments